The Roma Education Fund’s (REF) mission is to invest, education and engage Roma children and youth, parents, governments, institutions and policy-makers in the ultimate goal to close the gap in educational outcomes between Roma and non-Roma.
The objectives of REF include:
- Expanding Romani children’s access to quality early childhood education and care
- Improving primary education outcomes for Romani children aged six to fourteen
- Boosting academic performance and graduation rates from secondary education for Romani pupils
- Supporting access to tertiary education, improving graduation levels and strengthening identity of Romani university students
- Expanding employment opportunities for young Romani adults